1. To encourage in its members the highest ideals of professionalism in respect to Healthcare.
2. To promote and encourage the study of Natural and Traditional Medicine in its many specialties including Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine, Herbal Medicine, Homeopathy, Iridology, Nutrition, Natural Fertility, Natural Vision Improvement, Naturopathy, Chiropractic, Osteopathy, Aromatherapy, Integration Therapy, Reflexology, Remedial Massage, Remedial Therapies, Shiatsu and other Natural or Traditional Medicines or Therapies.
3. To promote public awareness of Natural and Traditional Medicine.
4. To identify colleges that teach to the minimum standards of Natural and Traditional Medicine and to oversee the conduct of those colleges by recognising, withholding recognition or withdrawing recognition of individual colleges.
5. To provide for provisional recognition of individual colleges of Natural and Traditional Medicine whilst the organisation enquires into whether that college teaches to the minimum standards fixed by the organisation.
6. To represent fairly and equally the diverse areas of the profession of Natural and Traditional Medicine and Healthcare.
7. To promote and encourage the right of different specialist areas of Natural and Traditional Medicine to be allowed the right to train and to practice as specialist colleges and to give specialist practitioner services.
8. To provide a Code of Ethics for the practice of Natural and Traditional Medicine.
9. To encourage all colleges recognised by the organisation to monitor the standards (academic or otherwise) and the ethics and professionalism of its own graduates.